- Determine tenant's spatial and economic requirements.
- Survey the market with specific tenant spatial, geographic and economic requirements.
- Find, assess and analyze market alternatives.
- Convince current landlord that they may lose tenant due to a relocation triggered by the real estate advisor.
- Increase negotiating position of tenant.
- Act as buffer between tenant and landlord so future landlord / tenant relationship is unimpaired.
- Renegotiate and review all current and future lease terms including:
- Free Rent
- Security Deposit
- Electric Charges
- Work Allowance
- Escalation Charges
- Sublease Rights
- Billing Accuracy
Need to negotiate a new office space lease or renegotiate an existing lease?
Contact an Agent at Wharton Property Advisors, Inc.
MAJOR NEGOTIABLE LEASE ISSUES
REAL ESTATE TAXES:
- Base Year
- Certiorari Refund
- Allocation of Tax Increases
OTHER LEASE ITEMS:
- Base Year
- Tenant's Percentage of Building
- Limit Yearly Increases
- Exclude Certain Expenses
- Cost of Living Escalation
- Electricity: Direct or Sub Meter
- Space Measurement
- Renewal Options
- Cancellation Options
- Assign/ Sublease Rights
- Work Letter Issues